Priscilla. My 63 Impala

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
I like that philosophy. Get it running with what you have and enjoy it, til you can build what you really want :good
Wish in hindsight I’d’ve had that wisdom……. NEVER thought it would be so many years without……. Should’ve never tore the car apart and enjoyed it while I could, I listened to my buddy who had the resources time and space to construct 1 car from 3 from start to finish…… I’m not blaming him …… my poor decision…….but I’d would have lost it in the divorce had it been more valuable……

benchseat4speed

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Wish in hindsight I’d’ve had that wisdom……. NEVER thought it would be so many years without……. Should’ve never tore the car apart and enjoyed it while I could, I listened to my buddy who had the resources time and space to construct 1 car from 3 from start to finish…… I’m not blaming him …… my poor decision…….but I’d would have lost it in the divorce had it been more valuable……

That hurts to read in a way. Just the thought of you losing that car in a divorce settlement, my gosh. At least you still have it, pile of parts or otherwise. I remember you posting a pic of the body tag once, built in LA, hopefully that means solid sheetmetal!! I'd do what Gliderider's doing and get it running and drive it. Multi colored, ratty interior for a while, who cares. The sun is setting on this hobby, enjoy it while you can, however you can.

Gliderider06

Well Known Member
I never thought of painting manifolds white, dang that looks pretty good :good You're making a lot of progress in short time!
Thank you! I was going for the old school look and wanted yellow plug wires as well, but... 7mm Accel or 8.8mm Moroso for $2.00 more. I get most Friday and Saturday to work on the car. I try to maximize my time. The goal was to have it running by end of summer. Don't think I'll make it, with still needing to get parts and such. Hopefully by the end of the year.