1937 Chevy Coupe build

Simps37

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Got it painted.......Tractor Supply implement paint....there are some brush strokes but I slicked it out around the engine bay...nobody will see the frame anyway.
Once I get my flex plate the engine will go back in.
Hopefully next week the firewall will get done and I will sit the body back on the chassis and start building floors.

Question: do I need to run hard lines to tranny cooler or can I run braided lines?

DB8C59A9-C4B4-44EA-A883-ED01BEE6190C.jpeg0D1542AA-3BF2-4C99-957D-13843E5FEC9E.jpeg

Simps37

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Got new flex plate....had to elongate the holes 1/4” to accommodate the 11.1” converter bolts for the 4L60.
All back together......in the chassis.....body back on it. Tranny linkage hooked up.
My firewall looks just as I had planned.
Next is to run tranny cooler lines, then begin on the floor.E59A3EF0-6AC6-4BEE-89DD-4140BB0C5248.jpeg2354FB36-9FFD-4A6F-B479-46DE9312ACB3.jpeg

Simps37

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Had a setback......
I mocked up the radiator and had cooler lines built with crimped fittings and pressure hose so hopefully I would never have leaks......went to install and called Johnson Radiator (Walker Radiator) and asked if there was an “in/out” port for cooler.....we visited and he asked what tranny I was running (4L60E) ...when I told him he got quiet, then said don’t use the cooler in the radiator. I bought this radiator 10 years ago.....since then they found it will cool a 350/400 fine but not mine and it will burn up if ran hard.
I have now bought a B&M cooler and am building brackets ......don’t think my lines will reach........oh well....at least I won’t burn up my tranny!

Lost in the 60's

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I would still use the radiator cooler first and then out to a auxiliary. The engine coolant will help warm the fluid when it is cold. I had to add a HUGE cooler to my '38 for pulling a camping trailer. Wish I could remember the brand. You can make up your own braided lines to any length with the proper fittings. I happened to use Russel from Summit.
DSCN9473_zpswapoou6w.jpg

DSCN9472_zpsci7a6as3.jpg

Simps37

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thrashing hard......gotta get a tranny line fitting to route line away from 409 lower pulley. New cooler and radiator secure in the doghouse....gotta build brackets for fan. Grill trim was in ok condition and fine for the car I am building. Getting the paint off the grill was a pain...ended up sandblasting it, took way too long.
Our car club said they are expecting it at our show this weekend, in whatever state it is in. I get the fan squared away and then will get inner rockers and enough floor for 1 seat. I should have it ok to drive on/off trailer.