1962 BelAir

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
After decking my block the pistons are .006" down at TDC, John thinks my head gasket will compress to about .040" which will give me a quench somewhere in the mid to high .040's". The crank is a Scatt 4" and the pistons are Icon .030" over which will make 434ci. I am running 583 heads which had a mild fluff and buff on the ports that are matched to a Edelbrock 2 x 4 intake. The heads have been fitted with screw in studs and Comp Ultra Pro Magnum roller rockers. The cam is a hydraulic roller with .609" lift on the intake and .629" lift on the exhaust with 1.7 rocker ratio. Below are the specs on the cam and flow numbers for the heads, I'm thinking this will make for a lot of fun in the Belair with 3 pedals, can't wait!!!

tempImageTb4tjO.jpgtempImagef703wA.jpg

Last edited:

lennyjay

Well Known Member
Looks all out race now. I too like the lettering. I would put a second seat in it, if not consider a bench. I would make a street usable car, bumpers, lights, wipers...etc. A nice small block (I know we are about 348-409's) 331, solid lifter, fender wells, and old style dual quads. A Richmond 4-speed with a 3:70-4:11 gear, and level the car out. This is just me, your car of course. I consider this one not a blank page, but a race car going back to the street/strip scene.......old style.

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I do have the other bucket seat and I am putting it back in so there will be 2 seats in the car. My engine (348 stroked to 434) is almost finished and will have an Edelbrock 2-4 setup on it. I will be putting a 4 speed in the car as I am building it to have FUN with. As far as the rest of the car I am not touching it, the car will be on the street as you see it except for the second bucket seat and a hood. I need to investigate what rear screw is in it now, I might have to change it depending on what it is. I would like it to be like you said a 3:70-4:11, I will post pictures as it goes together.