62 409 4 Speed

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dan, Not Stamped
Might be a tattoo,
foot prints starting at my hip and getting progressively smaller as they disappear up my A$$:roll
Only kidding, not into anyone shoving little sharp things into me around my Butt:scared

Steve
one of my buddies is a skipper so he had his ass tattooed.
Tony's Butt.jpg

Never seen that before................................. All the books show LH side for both stampings.

That paticular one is my Bel-Air but I have parted out at least 5 other 61's and they have all been on the right side. 62's on the left and I don't mean that politically:D...

Last edited:

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
So is that on the top of the rail?
i guess you could find with a mirror if the body was still on:dunno
How far from the back is that Dan?
I might have to check tonight?
Did it matter if the chassis was a box type or the 2x C section type?

Steve
Yes Steve on top of the rail. I have had both 2-piece and one piece frames both it the same place. It is in about the center of the frame rail and you will need a good wire brush to clean off the dirt. I couldn't even see mine with the frame off until I wire brushed the top of the frame rail then it popped up.

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Thanks Dan,
Dont know about using a wire brush to get it to pop up:bawl sounds painful
Sorry thinking of something else:roll

Will have a look at my frame rails tonight and see if i can find it

Car came into NZ in mid 80s and was original 348,PG,PS,AC,PB car and i still dont think it has been off the chassis
Never been on the road over here

Steve

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The Corvette had them on driver side, thought they were all there Dan. Maybe it is a west coast assembly plant thing- where were your cars assembled?

Don

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Geeeezzzz Gav,
That is what Phil is here for, too keep us yungins on the correct path

Got a rear end to blast when your ready Lol (Butch, Dan, Ray, Phil that is the rear end of a car not my rear that im talking about):D

Steve
Yup that is why we belong to such a great site.
You could come around Sunday. I hoping to get chassis done on Saturday weather permitting.

Gav

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Mine is on the left side rail. The CHP that verified the car had a little mirror and knew right where to look!!

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Mine is on the left side rail. The CHP that verified the car had a little mirror and knew right where to look!!

Dave,
Is CHP short for chap or is it California Highway Patrol? or something else?
Do you have stricter rules in regards to getting a vehicle on the road than other states?

Just wondering thats all

Steve

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Yup that is why we belong to such a great site.
You could come around Sunday. I hoping to get chassis done on Saturday weather permitting.

Gav

May do that Gav,
Make sure your sand blasting tent is still there after these winds
There is that much extra wind around some one must have opened another Indian restaurant close bye

Did you realize that if you type Gav in here the auto correct thingy wants to make it Gay:eek1 what is with that:dunno
Bob might know something that you dont:crazy

Never mind, at work too early again and brain not functioning well yet

See you at the weekend

Steve

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Gav, CHP is California Highway Patrol. I am not sure if we have stricter laws regarding titles, it seems like every state is different. My Belair came from Colorado and had been idel for many years, so I had to jump through a few hoops to get it registered.

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
May do that Gav,
Make sure your sand blasting tent is still there after these winds
There is that much extra wind around some one must have opened another Indian restaurant close bye

Did you realize that if you type Gav in here the auto correct thingy wants to make it Gay:eek1 what is with that:dunno
Bob might know something that you dont:crazy

Never mind, at work too early again and brain not functioning well yet

See you at the weekend

Steve
Yeah this bloody Nor west winds we are having is a real pain in Dan's buddies backside (going by those props), maybe he's the cause.:roll
Well that's really great to know about auto correct with the word Gav - NOT:grumble

Now just fingers crossed that the rain stays away.

Gav

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Finished blasting the chassis tonight and must admit it took a bit of doing but it has come up really clean and in good condition for painting. Will be hooking in to the diff and suspension parts in the weekend including parts for Steve.

Attachments

• IMG_0235.jpg
    IMG_0235.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0236.jpg
    IMG_0236.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0237.jpg
    IMG_0237.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0238.jpg
    IMG_0238.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Might call over on friday night if you gays are around Gav?
Chassis looks great:beer
Steve

:rollI think (hope) you made a typo error there Steve!!! :roll:poke I can't believe I'm just reading this over 4 hours after your post and NO ONE else here said anything about it. What happened to Phil-Check?

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Made a good start on the underside of the body today. And i tell you, having it on a rotisserie makes the job so much easier.

However, note to one self. DON'T push out of the garage while still in upright position! Acts as a full on sale. Had a gust of wind that nearly ended in disaster:yikes:shock2:fear2. It tried taking off and had to get Wendy to come and release the bolts while i held on to it as it had gone of the edge of the concrete.
upload_2015-1-18_20-1-54.jpeg
upload_2015-1-18_20-2-46.jpeg

Gav

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Looks good Gav, Did you knock up the rotisserie ? is it a modular format?

cheers

A 62 Sail Boat !!!

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Looks good Gav, Did you knock up the rotisserie ? is it a modular format?

cheers

A 62 Sail Boat !!!
Thanks Grub,
Yeah my first temp at a rotisserie and works great. I found some plans on line and more or less copied those. Have a look at following thread as i have posted more pics there and plans i used. Steel was beefed up as it was all freeeee from work. http://www.348-409.com/forum/threads/rotisserie.28702/

Gav