62 Impala rustoration: We're going to try and save another one

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I just finished removing the last piece of the driver front rocker box brace and made the template. IMG_20200209_153552.jpg
This brace attaches to the front of the rocker, the inner rocker, supports the lower door hinge mount bolt bracket and the lower fender mounting bracket attaches to it. Pretty important piece I guess.

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Gee your floor looks about as clean as mine, I bet I clean mine about 3 times a day, just sweeping up dust and junk, nice work guys. Im saving up my $$ for those forward Extextions parts you make.
My wheel wells lips were rusted so I cut them out just above the rusted area. The front part of the wheel well had at least 1/2" of dondo on it, not kidding. going to buy the section for this, hoping to get my friend Barry to give me directions of how to fix this. The inner part of wheel wheel is rust free, except the box's for frame bolts. Going to do the other side today, wonder how much bondo is on that side lol.:doh000_0324.jpeg

Junky

Well Known Member
Jim... You missed your calling. You should be running a restoration shop with your skills and talents. I have a car with some rust in the lower front fenders... may I send it to you for repair? You don't have to paint it, just fix the metal. Thanks in advance, and the car should arrive in a few day. I will pick it up the following weekend. :D