altered/ slingshot dragster

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
WTF, Polio, don't you have a 10 year old to straighten this out??? Forgot how old your Son is.

Last edited:

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Brian, congrats........looks like you''ll be work'n overtime.......but for all the right reasons.Someone's goin racin..............

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
33x17 tires and a 4.11 gear. The fella I bought it from liked the glide with that gear.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
With that gear and tire,about 5,500 in the traps will have you at about 130.Stay tight on the convertor,run the engine on it's forte,which is brute torque. A shorter wheel base looks neater,the longer is more stable.

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
With that gear and tire,about 5,500 in the traps will have you at about 130.Stay tight on the convertor,run the engine on it's forte,which is brute torque. A shorter wheel base looks neater,the longer is more stable.
:congrats2:yup

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
I hope at 108 it will handle decent. I know it will look fantastic. The rpm and speed would be right where I would want them! What stall convertor should I look for? The glide will have a 1.76 first gear.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Cool looking ride there Polio.......

Any idea what it may weigh with a full tank of gas race ready?

I noticed in the rear view picture that they threw in a car cover.......:guitar

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
No more than 25-2700. I don't think much of the idea of a 2 step for consistant launches with your 6-71 blower,but would rather use a co2 powered throttle stop as a launch control.