Blue Suede Cruise.

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I think the majority of guys that travel a fair distance trailer their cars. You can bring more stuff that way and if you decide to run it down the track,:beerbang and break something,:grumble: at least you can get it home.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I think the majority of guys that travel a fair distance trailer their cars. You can bring more stuff that way and if you decide to run it down the track,:beerbang and break something,:grumble: at least you can get it home.

Good point !!!

I do this exact same thing when I race at home:eek:

I figure if I trailer her to the track she won`t break but if I drive her she will !!

So far so good !!:brow

besides,,,, unloading your car off the trailer make it look FASTER !!!!:roll

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Plans are to drive

You guys are getting me all worrisome with this talk of breaking down :). My plans are to drive the 409 car for 650 miles to Norwalk, maybe take a few trips down the track, drink some beer, tell lots of stories, get fired up about the next project, watch some car movies on a makeshift screen, and pass out in someone's trailer (thanks Jim!). Then I'll have breakfast on Fatride's home cooking, and do it all over again :). After it's all over, I'll fire up the '62 and head back to Missouri with a great big smile on my face and a whole bunch of stories to tell my friends. Now that's living!

Cheers,
TomK

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
You guys are getting me all worrisome with this talk of breaking down :). My plans are to drive the 409 car for 650 miles to Norwalk, maybe take a few trips down the track, drink some beer, tell lots of stories, get fired up about the next project, watch some car movies on a makeshift screen, and pass out in someone's trailer (thanks Jim!). Then I'll have breakfast on Fatride's home cooking, and do it all over again :). After it's all over, I'll fire up the '62 and head back to Missouri with a great big smile on my face and a whole bunch of stories to tell my friends. Now that's living!

Cheers,
TomK

Boy that sounds like fun...:cheers but that is a long way for me. Dan

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5

Cheers,
TomK

Tom,I only have to drive 260 miles in the 57.I'm looking foward to sitting under Ray's porch and you telling us a junk yard storys :D

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Dan, Paul (garbageman) and me tried to get others to join us going to the convention but it just ended up being the two of us,,

Still was a ball to see the looks we got going down the road,,,
67770859.jpg

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Dick MacKenzie:
I saw the pictures just posted I guess we will look like that headed to Ohio..That's great two 62's I'll bet the loooks were there. Maybe I can talk my friend(not a site member) with the 63-409-425 to go. we would up them with a 61-62-63

Astro409

Well Known Member
Dan, Paul (garbageman) and me tried to get others to join us going to the convention but it just ended up being the two of us,,

Still was a ball to see the looks we got going down the road,,,
67770859.jpg

When you said about "the looks", it reminded me about a trip I took out to the North east to pick up some cars. When I was going from Ohio to Boston we saw about 15 Corvetts parked at the entrance of the freeway.:eek: :clap :beerbang They were all new models and looked as if they were parked there for a Vette sale.:rolleyes: Like 5 minutes later we saw packs of 5 to 15 Vettes passing us by. We counted 42 or something close to that.:clap There were a few older models but most were new Vettes and it was a site to see.:beerbang

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Dick MacKenzie:
I saw the pictures just posted I guess we will look like that headed to Ohio..That's great two 62's I'll bet the loooks were there. Maybe I can talk my friend(not a site member) with the 63-409-425 to go. we would up them with a 61-62-63

Now that would fun! We need to find someone with a 64 to go along with us.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Guys, Jim K just brought up some disturbing news, the flyer says 75.00 per "FUN" run. That kind of takes the fun out of fun run doesn't it? I for one will not lay out 75.00 to make one run down anyones track. I may have to rethink this. Would you all mind if I looked for another track or another venue?

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Ray,I will call Norwalk tomorrow to see if thats what there doing,you can enter to race for real and have a chance to win $$$ for less $$$
Also Ray,look on your Flyer,it looks like they want $25 for Primitive Camping :doh :eek: :deal. If thats what Norwalk wants,by all means Ray look for another track

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Ray:
That sounds real expensive. I'm not really interested in racing my 348 because I don't want to be embarrassed:bow I quit racing years ago when I sold my GTX.
I live on a rural road with only 3 houses and the river at the end. Most of the land is cow pastures. Wonder if I could charge $75 per pass ???

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I can offer a simple solution. We race at Redline Raceway, Caddo Mills, Texas. I will pay all dragstrip and camping fees for everyone. :dunno :brow :brow

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Norwalk Update

Me and Marica (Ray's Better half) both called Norwalk and here is what I know so far about what it will cost at Norwalk for 3 days.Pete from Norwalk is going to call me and Marica about parking together in the camping spots on the spectator side,I'll pay the extra $15 for the extra convince of parking on the pit side.Do we have any other questions or input :dunno

Street Rod Participant $35 +$25 Primitive Camping = $60.park on spectator side
1.Admission for 2 persons
2.Camping spot
3.Free Fun Runs

Race Car Fun Runs $75 park on pit side
1.Admission for 2 persons
2.Camping spot
3.Free Fun Runs
4.Electric
5.we can park together
6.The showers are on the pit side
7.We can camp next to the fence and view the track on pit side
8.Short drive back to pits instead of driving back to your camping spot after a run

Toms63SSQB

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Blue Suede Cruise

Norwalk Raceway Park Is according to Mapquest 19.22 miles from our driveway. about 20 -25 minutes away. we are NOT campers but will certainly be at norwalk if thats we where we end up. My wife, Christine and myself would like to extend an invitation to ANYONE who would like to park a car and trailer at our place [4 acres] for the weekend and drive your car over to Norwalk. You can even pitch a tent and commute if thats suits you better than staying at the track. We have over 7 months to get this all figured out.

Merry Christmas

tom and christine

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Tom,in 2005 we had about 20 club members attend the Blue Suede Cruise,we all had a great time .Me and the other club members are looking forward to meeting you and Christine.