Blue Suede Cruise.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Dick, The 60 ft challange was the result of two old farts jabbing at each other a few months before the last Norwalk event. The " back and forth" between Ray and Fred had me laughing for months. That was the main reason I was dejected about missing that event. I promised myself if at all possible , I would go to Clay City, to see the re-match. One of the smartest things I have ever done. I will never miss another, except for bad health or family emergency. It was worth every mile driven. ( 1,000 ) one way. It appears that maybe Ray has biten off more than he can chew. Rumor has it that Bob's car is going to leave hard. 900 hp has a way of doing that. Ray is not one to get scared, so he will have something up his sleeve, and I will be there to see it. :p :p

Ronnie, being scared would indicate an awareness of ones surroundings and a semblance of smarts???????? “What me worry”?? Anything can happen. I’ll bet I can catch Bob napping at the tree, Hee hee. :yawn:

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Ok, Who wants to pick up where Fred and I left off? 60' challenge! How about the Fred Totten cup? We can start passing it around, I'll pony up for the cup.

IMO I think all members that are Drag Racing,should have a chance to win the Fred Totten Cup.You could have eliminations till there are 2 standing for the finals :brow

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Anything can happen. I’ll bet I can catch Bob napping at the tree, Hee hee. :yawn:

ALRIGHT MISTER, IT'S ON !!!!!!!!!!!

actually, i need this verbal volley for some way to stay motivated to finish the car. I have a mountain of chores in front of me. I cant go to both races and norwalk is 200 miles less tow. I look forward to see the 409 "family" and will bring whichever 63 i have running.

I also like JimKwi's idea. give the cup to the overall winner.

PS i usually red lite so i will be installing an optical sensor connected to a 2step and crossover delay box activating the transbrake. :roll

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Ray,, If you truely want to WIN that 60 ft dash,,, try some really deep gears !!!!

580 somethings would TEAR-UP the 60 ft !!!!:brow

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Bob, Verbal volley to stay motivated???? I thought you had heard. Rumor has it that Ray has said that your new car probably will not run 13s !!!!! Of course I am an uninterested bystander and hate to repeat rumors, but just thought you should know..... :eek: :brow

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Ronnie & DQ
I think Bob Walker is setting you guys up. Here might be a picture of his boat anchor motor from his boat racing days he is putting together. Should be tough for the 60' races. Oh you guys are putting too much fear into me. I'm getting concerned about bringing the 348 61 out there and being royally embarrased:scratch

Attachments

• scan0005.JPG
    scan0005.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 121

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
NO2 anyone????:roll

You all are lucky that Chip won`t be there with his 55 !!!!!!!!:eek:

He`s got my bank !!!:brow

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
motel recommendations

I was checking my mapping program and noticed several motels on Rt 250 just north of norwalk. Does anyone familiar with the area have any recommendations?? I will be towing with the truck and without a camper so it will work out better for me to stay there. Of course I will have to find room for my personal boat cooler:D
Robert

Bam59

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
rstreet,, two years back stayed at a little mom and pop place called
Inn Norwalk---283 Benedick ave. 1 419 668 8255. i stayed one night
before moving out to the track to camp. they are on the corner of 20 and 250. easy and fast to the track. there were some fast food places in walking
and the place was safe for me the park my bike. should be room for your truck and trailer. hope this helps mike

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I was checking my mapping program and noticed several motels on Rt 250 just north of norwalk. Does anyone familiar with the area have any recommendations?? I will be towing with the truck and without a camper so it will work out better for me to stay there. Of course I will have to find room for my personal boat cooler:D
Robert

Robert,this is a second time you said something about your personal boat cooler,could post a photo of your cooler,or are you saving it for a surprise :dunno

Heres a link to a list of motels in Norwalk,I would start with the closest motel from the track and give them a call,in 2005 most of us members camped out.

http://www.trails.com/all-hotels/city-hotel.asp?dest=OH+Norwalk

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Robert, You haven't lived till you've camped out with 409 guys. Remember. what happens in the tent, stays in the tent1. Ask Jim K. Bob

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Robert, You haven't lived till you've camped out with 409 guys. Remember. what happens in the tent, stays in the tent1. Ask Jim K. Bob

Bob,me and Sue did like camping in a tent at Norwalk,but I don't remember what happened in the tent :dunno :scratch

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
sounds like "to the tent it is"...I was not originally planning on bringing "oudoor living stuff" I hope our leader Bob lights it:D :D :D

RCE1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Dan, Paul (garbageman) and me tried to get others to join us going to the convention but it just ended up being the two of us,,

Still was a ball to see the looks we got going down the road,,,
67770859.jpg

I love this photo. I am going to have this printed and framed. No joke.

Ron

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Dick Mackenzie:
After seeing this picture posted again we have to figure a way to get the rest of the 60's to Ohio from the shore. My friend just won't get his original 32k 63 ss 425 ready for a showing.. he just wants to leave it in it's heated garage and look at it!! Hope you can get a 63 from your area. the only other 63 here is a all chromed custom interior small block.
Robert

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I love this photo. I am going to have this printed and framed. No joke.

Ron

Thanks Ron !! And I`m sure that comes from Paul also !!!:D

If you want I can email you a full sized picture that would give a better print .
Email or PM me.

BTW,, Even just being two of us, we had a blast caravaning !! ,,dq

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Dick Mackenzie:
After seeing this picture posted again we have to figure a way to get the rest of the 60's to Ohio from the shore. My friend just won't get his original 32k 63 ss 425 ready for a showing.. he just wants to leave it in it's heated garage and look at it!! Hope you can get a 63 from your area. the only other 63 here is a all chromed custom interior small block.
Robert

Robert,

I have a neighbor with a 64 '09 car, don't know anyone nearby with a 63. I'll have to start doing some looking around.