Blue Suede Cruise.

jimmy

norwalk

ray
i met you and some of the members at the 05 blue suede cruise. i did'nt have my 63 409 ready for that event but it's been finished for a while now. you can count me in for 07. we'll probably park on the spectator side. hope we have a good turnout. jimmy

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Norwalk List

Here's list of members that will try to make the Blue Suede Cruise.

1.Fatride
2.Tom Kochtanek
3.rstreet
4.Jim Kwi
5.walkerheaders
6.chevymusclecars
7.Region Rat ?
8.Astro409 ?
9.Dond409
10.jim ss409 ?
11.Quickshift409
12.Toms63SSQB
13.jimmy

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I have been a bit "under the weather" for the last few days so I was bored today (can't go out and play in the shop) and played with the satellite photos of Norwalk. I have found an oval track on the south edge of the city just off Route 20. Is this the location??
Robert

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Don't remember an oval track Move around and look for a long straight away. Big grand stands. Maybe if you put in the address it will come up. Nice facility. Bob

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Robert,

South east of the town. South of 20 on route 18. Address is 1300 State route 18 Norwalk, OH 44857

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
60' challenge at Norwalk.

Ok, Who wants to pick up where Fred and I left off? 60' challenge! How about the Fred Totten cup? We can start passing it around, I'll pony up for the cup.

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Ray, If I reconfigure Da Rat, and get some dot"s on it I might take you up on that. Maybe new heads will help weight tranfer. Will the winner get to fill the cup with gin??? Bob

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Ray, If I reconfigure Da Rat, and get some dot"s on it I might take you up on that. Maybe new heads will help weight tranfer. Will the winner get to fill the cup with gin??? Bob

Gin, Bourbon, Bloody Mary's, Wild Turkey whatever Bob, Waa Hoo let's Rock and Roll! :beerbang

waddict

Supporting Member 4
Norwalk

Hello all! Pop and I would love to try the Norwalk event. However, being the fru-fru that I am, I really hate camping! My idea of a great camping adventure is a Holiday Inn and having to share a towel with the old fart. What does the motel situation look llike? We do have several large canopies left over from the swap meet days which would protect a fair sized gathering place.....we'll install Ray as chief cook, Pop as the bottle-washer and we then can all sit back and enjoy the show:D Would really like some input on the motels.
Claire Elliott

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Hello all! Pop and I would love to try the Norwalk event. However, being the fru-fru that I am, I really hate camping! My idea of a great camping adventure is a Holiday Inn and having to share a towel with the old fart. What does the motel situation look llike? We do have several large canopies left over from the swap meet days which would protect a fair sized gathering place.....we'll install Ray as chief cook, Pop as the bottle-washer and we then can all sit back and enjoy the show:D Would really like some input on the motels.
Claire Elliott

Claire,here's a list of motels in Norwalk

http://www.trails.com/all-hotels/city-hotel.asp?dest=OH+Norwalk

Tony Salins

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
We were just wondering what happened to meeting at Clay City? Norwalk was definitely a great time but it was just a car show not really a drag race. Clay City sounded like they really liked us being there and rolled out the red carpet for us. It also sounded like they wanted us back this year. We sure would like to race the dragster with you guys but Norwalk won't let us race at "Blue Suede Cruise".

Tony and Bonnie

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
We were just wondering what happened to meeting at Clay City? Norwalk was definitely a great time but it was just a car show not really a drag race. Clay City sounded like they really liked us being there and rolled out the red carpet for us. It also sounded like they wanted us back this year. We sure would like to race the dragster with you guys but Norwalk won't let us race at "Blue Suede Cruise".

Tony and Bonnie

As far as I know Clay City is in the works.

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Ok, Who wants to pick up where Fred and I left off? 60' challenge! How about the Fred Totten cup? We can start passing it around, I'll pony up for the cup.

In memory of Fred, i'm willing to spend $10,000 on a 63 for that challenge......... see you at the starting line.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9

Ok Lucy (Ray), you got some splainin' to do (mostly because I'm dense). What's the 60' challenge?
:dunno

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dick, The 60 ft challange was the result of two old farts jabbing at each other a few months before the last Norwalk event. The " back and forth" between Ray and Fred had me laughing for months. That was the main reason I was dejected about missing that event. I promised myself if at all possible , I would go to Clay City, to see the re-match. One of the smartest things I have ever done. I will never miss another, except for bad health or family emergency. It was worth every mile driven. ( 1,000 ) one way. It appears that maybe Ray has biten off more than he can chew. Rumor has it that Bob's car is going to leave hard. 900 hp has a way of doing that. Ray is not one to get scared, so he will have something up his sleeve, and I will be there to see it. :p :p

Tony Salins

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Chevymusclecars,

I talked to the track owner last time when he stopped me from racing that my rail had a 1964 409 in it and the chassis was a very early rear engine dragster, early 1970s. He just kept saying that it was "new technology" :dunno :bang ... I don't think his opion has changed cause 2 years ago it was also 1972 and earlier and I called about a month before the event and was told by one of the track officals that I was welcome. Anyway I hope there is a Clay City cause I'd love to see you all again.

Tony