Car Hauler Project

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Jim/Jim, do you guy's agree on everything or do you have "discussions" :eyebrow Whatever your technique,,,,,,,,,it works very well :bow

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
...and what went back in the kitchen?

All kidding aside, that truck is spectacular.

Jim409_Pontiac

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Ray
No we don't always agree but we do discuss things out and thrash things out building things till we both agree, just like our business for the last 35 years. We both compromise.

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Looking great Jim and Jim! Can't wait to see it in person.

When you get done with this one, I have a 49 4400 that I can send your way to re do for me! :)

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Looking great Jim and Jim! Can't wait to see it in person.

When you get done with this one, I have a 49 4400 that I can send your way to re do for me! :)

If I'm remembering correctly they will need something bigger than project hauler to get it out of the pasture. We are having another Nor'Easter and more rain. How is the family making out "down the road" with area flooding?
robert

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Here's a little update. Unfortunately we haven't had much time to work on the Mack but we have managed to make a little headway. We covered the floor and firewall with some sound deadener.

1cr-1.jpg

2cr-1.jpg

Rather than try to carpet the complex shape of the doghouse we decided to make a fiberglass cover for it.

5cr-1.jpg

We made the cover by molding a sheet of lead around the doghouse to get the shape.

3cr-1.jpg

We then covered the lead with fiberglass.

4cr-1.jpg

After a few layer of fiberglass and a little body filler it's almost ready for paint.
The plan is to install the carpet then put the cover on. As I mentioned earlier, the doghouse is actually a kitchen sink but I think it'll look fine when it's done.

6cr-1.jpg

We've also been plugging away at the paint and body work so I think we'll be able to start re-assembling things soon.

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Looking Good Jim & Jim, will the Car Hauler be ready for Thompson? Is that the 409 for the 55 you have on the engine stand, and did you do some more speed mod's

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
We got the cab mounted on the frame today. It finaly feels like we're getting somewhere.:beerbang

2010-01-24034.jpg

2010-01-24042.jpg

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Nice.:clap:clap I like the overhead shot. It makes the truck, look like a plastic model.:rolleyes::bow:beerbang

S

Swiss Impala

Hello from Switzerland, :cheers

:clap :clap Congratulations! This is much better than "Trick my Truck"! :clap :clap

Franz

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
We're still plugging away at the Mack, when we get the time.
The doors are back on so I thought I'd do an update.
Here's a few pictures...

7cr-1.jpg

8cr.jpg

10cr.jpg

309742.jpg

309752.jpg

309810.jpg

309788.jpg

It's nice to see it going back together. It'll be ready in time for Thompson for sure.:beerbang