MD Rocking Chair Nationals 2019

RussC

Well Known Member
After 35 years of owning and racing a 409 car, I do not have one anymore. (huge mistake selling it) I can say it's been an honor to race with my friends over the past few decades. to have a 348 or 409 in the lane next to me is a pleasure. however, I owe an apology. in 2017 I was approached and invited to run my white 63 with the group. I questioned it and was told it was voted yes to ask me. I suppose I should have declined but the thought of being with such great folks and cars was too much to deny. later in the day as I was winning I had fears that I may take home a W trophy with a BBC. I asked one of the most respected racers "what should I do?" his reply was "win".....so luckily I did. I was invited again in 2018 and went but just stunk the place up by giving the stripe to a young man in a red 62 sedan after I treed him and feared I'd run under. then it rained out. for 2019 I inquired and was invited to participate so I showed up and as luck would have it began to go rounds. by now you know the outcome. few have made it known to me it's not a level playing field with a flat block in the mix and I agree. I'm going to miss it next year, but fair is fair. thanks, Bob

In a heads up race the advantage would go to a bbc...however in a bracket race it is the driver who wins...not the car. Congratulations Bob.

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
You guys need to be advized for next year...the track decided the W cars will run 1/8th mile. now, that suits me better cause not only is it easier on parts fuel and brakes but with a track that is 659' 11" there is no speed limit. (it's an inch short and hterefore not technically an 1/8th mile and subject to NHRA rules) I tossed the restrictor plate and dialed 6.09 instead of the usual 10.0 dial with a 9.40 car.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
You guys need to be advized for next year...the track decided the W cars will run 1/8th mile. now, that suits me better cause not only is it easier on parts fuel and brakes but with a track that is 659' 11" there is no speed limit. (it's an inch short and hterefore not technically an 1/8th mile and subject to NHRA rules) I tossed the restrictor plate and dialed 6.09 instead of the usual 10.0 dial with a 9.40 car.
I don't think there's going to be a problem next year.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
20190622_144834.jpg
Dennis, Wally and Karin.
20190622_131143(0).jpg
20190622_101731.jpg
Front end repair at the front of the parade!!!!!
20190622_111706.jpg
Wally and "his" car!!! TONS & TONS of emotion for Wally!!!!
20190622_100548.jpg
Dick.....you need to change my phone number if you want me to continue my payments!!!!!!!!!!
20190622_095302.jpg
Dennis after giving his speech to his throng of admirers!!!!!!!

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
And of course.............................more of me!!!

Al Loy made really cool trophies!!!! Wally selected "Best of Show".....he was biased!!

Very humbling to be a non-racer and be included with the REAL guys that make it a great show!!
Thank of of you for allowing me to feel like I was a drag racer!!!

Many thanks to Wally and his lovely wife, Beverly......Everyone of you made my and Karin's weekend one that I will never forget!!:thankyou:

IMG_2467 copy.jpgIMG_2436 2 copy.jpgIMG_2475 copy.jpg

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
And on a special note................Bob and Bryan were on their backs fixing my idler arm while I looked on.......worthless.......

Without their expertise and expedient repair, there would not have been Wally's 1/4 run!!!

A special thanks to you both....First Class all the way!!!

IMG_2418 2 copy.jpg