mini convention or just plain get together

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
One more member

Hey guy's we have 1 more member attending the Blue Suede Show.That makes 8 members attending :)

QUOTE=JC327]Count me "in" on the Blue Suede thing, although I probably won't bring a car (I don't have anything that would impress anybody there), I just want to see some nostalgia racing. Will there be a "meeting spot"?[/QUOTE

chevymusclecars

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I talked to another member here in Ohio today that has not looked at the site lately and he may also attend. That would be another 1962 409 car. Anyone who is looking for rooms should look at Sandusky Ohio and the farther south on rt 250 the closer it is to Norwalk Dragway. Sandusky is only about fifteen minutes away and has a lot of motels because of Cedar Point amusement Park and other Lake Erie activities.

Bill

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Bill,good job recruiting another member to the show :clap .Who is the new recruit?So far thats 9 members,thats a good a size group of members so far :)

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
It'll be great to see the 348s and 409s run down the track. We can help eachother out with tuning so that we can get the most out of our cars. :help I'm really going to try and get my car into the high 12's. :deal I recently got a digital video camera. I'll try and get lots of video of our cars, if I can learn how to opperate it by then. :scratch

b-d409

Well Known Member
Blue Suede Show

The Blue Suede Show sounds good, and it's not too far for us to drive there. I'll talk to my dad and let you know for sure. It'll all hinge on if we can get the engine done (with the bugs worked out of it) on time. I'm pretty sure that it's do-able. I missed Phil's convention, and would really like to meet up this time around.

I have a friend that lives in the Detroit area (he's me dads age) that has a really nice 61 409 bubble top. He would like to attend too I'm sure. I'll talk with him about the show also.

Dan

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Norwalk Raceway Park

If you guy's want to save some $$$ you can bring a tent and camp out :dunno .I've been talking to a freind at work that races every year at Norwalk.He says this dragstrip is the best strip he's been to (even Indy).The track personal are friendly and informative,nice grass and paved pit roads,nice clean restrooms with individual showers (it cost $2 to take a shower) and good food.

I know Fatride is camping out with a big tent with a screened in room and jim-ss409 is staying in his car trailer.I talked the wife into camping out and bought a tent yesterday :D

b-d409

Well Known Member
We made our reservations.

We made our reservations. My friend Jim is bringing his motorhome, and we are going to stay at the dragstrip.

You can add a 61 409 Bubble Top and a 62 409 Impala to the list that will be there.

Dan

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Wow!

For something that was just thrown together this is gaining momentum. I would say if any mags were covering this we will get noticed. Not to mention we will have a ball what with all the W engines and Bowties there. Can't wait to hit the dragstrip. :evil

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
nowalk

Hey, Jim. I have penciled in vacation the week of the Norwalk deal. Will try and bring the 64 SS. Working on pulling that motor out and putting it in a 64 chassied car. Should have 1 of them together. Do you have a list of who is interested so far? Bob

Quickshift409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Blue Suede Cruise

Jim. I am also going to attend the Blue Suede Cruise with the 62 Biscayne. See you all in Norwalk,should be a Great time.
QS409

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Wow

fatride said:
For something that was just thrown together this is gaining momentum. I would say if any mags were covering this we will get noticed. Not to mention we will have a ball what with all the W engines and Bowties there. Can't wait to hit the dragstrip. :evil

region rat and Quickshift409,Great news glad to see you guys can make it.Don't forget to pre register ( 419-668-5555 )

List of members
Fatride 60-409
SS425HP 63-409
Chevymusclecars 67 SS Chevelle
Chevymusclecars freind 62 409
jim-ss409 62 409
Bam59 driveing a Harley from Fl
Back in time 62-409
JC327 ????
b-d409 62 409
b-d409 freind 61-409
region rat 64 SS
Quickshift 62-409
Jim Kwi 57-409
9 W-Powered Cars WOW WOW :) :) :D :D

JC327

Supporting Member 1
So how does the camping work? Just show up? I might be able to get the 60 Parkwood going on it's own power by then(if someone tells this beginner how to install a clutch), and I could sleep in it... So maybe save me some room in your "camp"!!

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Norwalk Parking & Camping

I called Norwalk about parking and camping today.Here's what they had to say,if your registerd with a 1972 or older car you are allowed to camp by were you park your car.I asked about club's parking together as a group and they only could do that if we arrived together :( So it look's like the members will be scattered,unless we come up with plan :dunno Does anyone have any ideas.

Here's my idea,there's another camping area across the street from the main entrance of dragstrip.If we can come up with a time to assemble as a group in this area that might work.For instance if we were to meet at June 3 at 1:00pm to 2:00pm and then we could move in as a group and we could do that for members that are arriveing on Jun 4 :dunno Does anyone else have any ideas?

chevymusclecars

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Last year I pre registered but only had time to go on Saturday. We got there around 9AM and parked in the front row by the dragstrip with no problem. There was a lot of open arear behind us where we could have easily parked a group together if everyone didn't mind being parked in the grass and not on the main drive. I would think that the people who are there on Friday will have no problem taking over an area since it sounds like many of you plan on spending the night.

Bill

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
That sounds good Bill. I can't say for sure that I will be there friday but that's when I would like to get there. If a group of us got together and went in at the same time we could establish a kind of base.

chevymusclecars

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I think it would be great if we can all be in the same spot on Friday but not that many people will stay the night. I would think that you could reorganize the cars in the evening to take over an area for the next two days if it is a problem. When I went last year we just used cell phones to locate each other on the way into the strip.

Bill

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Bill,I think your right,not many will show up on Friday and us campers can establish a base for Saturday. :D Bam59 that's one long ride on a Harley to see a Blue's concert :clap We have 13 members and 9 W-Powered cars attending so far and growing :D I've highjacked 2 threads and gained 2 members and a guest ( b-d409 and guest and JC327 ) I will continue my evil ways and highjack more threds to gain more members :D My targets are members from Ohio,Ind and Mich :brow