My 409 build

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Great looking set and theres nothin wrong with the cragers I think they look good on the car, they are a bit of high maintenance thats the only reason i didn't put them on mine. again SWEEEEEEET :clap

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Not a whole lot to update. Tore the heads down and there going to put them on the flow bench and check them and we'll go from there with some welding and grinding and try to make them a little better.

Please be sure to keep us updated and take lots of pictures!

Kevin Green

Well Known Member
Okay here we go...I roughed in the ports and then Neal at Level Performance worked his magic and finished them. We went mild ( at least to there standards he said ) no welding or head bolt sleeves or none of that good stuff. Not the best pics I have taken but oh well

Last edited:

Kevin Green

Well Known Member
On the flow bench. They don't have a plate that will fit the 09 bolt pattern that's why the clamps are in play. I told them I wouldn't post these pics because it looks Jerry rigged but since no one there is on this site, what they don't know wont hurt them !!

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Looking really good,Kevin.I re-read the entire thread,you should make 500 plus on this stock stroke engine with this headwork.

Kevin Green

Well Known Member
That's the goal Don and thanks, anything over 500 if any will be a bonus. Something nice on the street has been the plan from the beginning.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
It'll be that for sure,and I THINK that with the cam you posted,you'll easily exceed your 450 ft.lbs.It'll likely be close to 500 as well.

Kevin Green

Well Known Member
I had to leave today just about the time they started putting air to them but they called me and said that they was pretty happy with the numbers. Big gains on low and mid range lifts with good gains on high lifts too. There thinking it's going to be a torque monster and be a " happy " street motor !

Last edited: