My 409 build

SSpev

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
WoW. I guess I missed some stuff. LOVE the Monty:love Wish I could get my hands on a 70 ss.
My pistons are Ross that Mr. Bruneau. ordered super light. Makes it rev quick.
I'd sure like to see those flow numbers. Before and after. I did my own heads on my bench.
Not as pretty as yours. With the FI you are planning I bet you go over 500HP.

Kevin Green

Well Known Member
WoW. I guess I missed some stuff. LOVE the Monty:love Wish I could get my hands on a 70 ss.
My pistons are Ross that Mr. Bruneau. ordered super light. Makes it rev quick.
I'd sure like to see those flow numbers. Before and after. I did my own heads on my bench.
Not as pretty as yours. With the FI you are planning I bet you go over 500HP.

When I do another one I will definitely do some things different. Mine has the heaviest bob weight in the shops history with a forged piston of any motor. The next one will defo be A LOT lighter.
Hopefully I can get some #'s posted next week. We didn't do a before test ( didn't want to tie up the bench ), just gonna go with the #'s Eddy has in there book for them.

Last edited:

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Looking good,Kevin.What kind of valvespring rettainers are those? I've never seen them with holes drilled in them like that!

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Those raw cast colored valve covers really look great!!! I like that better than polished ones or the black finned ones I have. The 881 looks kinda small sitting down between them doesn't it? I have a couple of balancers that look like yours. Are they okay for high performance use?

Kevin Green

Well Known Member
It's really starting to come around.

I thought it looked pretty small too. Kinda surprised how small it looked really cuz it's a good sized manifold

I showed it to my builder and he said it was fine but he knows I'm not going to race it. Just beat it up on the street now and then.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I know that Dan ran very low 11's with the 881 on The Homewrecker. I am sure there are many who have had good results with it despite it being a "handicap" compared to other intakes.....he was just the only example I could think of. I wish I could afford to dyno mine with the #881 and then another intake back-to-back.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Hey,I really like the fact that your head bolts are not black. who makes em,and are they edelbrock specific...arp?