Poor boys 409 project

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Kevin, I worked for an electric utility for a long time (30+ years). My brother-in-law and many friends are linemen, so I know first-hand about the risks and hazards of that job. We all take these guys for granted, sometimes, but we really appreciate them when they are up a pole in a storm or in 110* weather. I am really glad to hear that all of that training kicked in and that your team had your back. Take care of business, and if we can help out somehow, please let us know.
Dave

benchseat4speed

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Dang Kevin.........glad your still with us, thanks for sharing, I'll be praying for you, that you have a full recovery. The seat looks good. Keep us in the loop on the 61 and your recovery let me know if you need anything. Dew

Thanks Dewey, good to hear from ya. I'm gonna cruise this 61 over to your house soon as it's done:)

Wow Kevin that is bad and good news in away.
Get well the car will still be there.

Thanks James. The black 62 is movin' dude get that thing in the 11's!!

yes Kevin you are indeed very very lucky sorry to hear of your accident I hope your hands completely heal and the seats do look good..... but that can definitely wait .....so happy that you're still here with us.........

Thanks for the msg Keith, good to hear from you man.

Kevin, take care of those hands, burns caused by electric shock sometimes heal in funny ways.

You are very fortunate your feet weren't grounded. Get well soon.

by the way, electrocution means death by electric shock, I am happy you only got an electric shock and not electrocuted.

Hey Grub! Thanks for the message. You are correct, I finally looked it up for myself. I swore the 'cute' suffix implied death, and I went rounds with the doctor in the ICU about it. He said it was a general term for electric shock, and he's a doctor so in the end I believed him.:rolleyes I just looked it up in websters:D

Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery Kevin. And the seat does look nice.

Thanks Jim! I appreciate that. Both:)

Thank Heavens you're still with us!! You owe a bunch to those guys on your team. Get well quick!

Thanks Dick, I owe my life to the good lord, and the guys on my crew for all thier help. I owe you guys thanks for caring as well. About this and my hokey car project:)

Damn.... wishing you the best in your recovery Kevin.

Thanks a lot Dave. The crusher is one of my favorites. Bench seat 4-speed I love that thing.

Man, I'm glad you are ok!!!! Hopefully we can all get together with these cars someday!!

Thanks a lot me too. That FE convention is still on the brain. I will probably post a thread on the board here at some point under general talk or events to see if anyone is interested. I wanna see pics of your 61 fairlane too!!

Kevin, I worked for an electric utility for a long time (30+ years). My brother-in-law and many friends are linemen, so I know first-hand about the risks and hazards of that job. We all take these guys for granted, sometimes, but we really appreciate them when they are up a pole in a storm or in 110* weather. I am really glad to hear that all of that training kicked in and that your team had your back. Take care of business, and if we can help out somehow, please let us know.
Dave

Thanks a lot Dave. I'm still pretty new to this trade, only in my second year of the apprenticeship, I was just a truck driver for 2 years before that. I enjoy the work, and the pay is enough to afford parts for these cars (and a big diamond ring for the lady, shhhh don't tell her:D She doesn't know yet)

It's just a reminder of how dangerous this s--t is, and how someone was looking out for me that day. That message means a lot thanks for posting it. I really dig your gold 61.

Kevin ,you are lucky!!!! I knew a local guy that happened to several year's back and he lost his left arm. How did that happen??????? Hoping you are ok and get back to normal.

Oh man, extremely fortunate. I got nailed by induction. We were working a dead and grounded H-frame line, but it runs right next to another 230kv line for 20+ miles. Two phases were grounded to my pole, and I got in series with a steel cable brace that was grounded to my pole, and the steel static bar that the other apprentice had just grounded to his pole, and I was about to ground it to mine. His pole had the better ground come to find out, as the induction from the two phases on my pole went through me to get to his.

Thanks for the message it's good to hear from you:)

benchseat4speed

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Also, which shop did you use for the upholstery work? I'm looking for a good shop in the front range.

Thanks Ragan, good to hear from you. The shop is F&H upholstery in Wheat Ridge, they've been in business since 1976. I like the guys who work there and the quality of the work they do. It's also about two miles from my house.

Take care and God bless.

Thanks Brian:) I appreciate it

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Good to see you are going to be well Kevin.
I'm also a sparkie here in NZ who did some time in the line gangs.
Induced energy can be some of the most dangerous as you are not looking out for it. treat everything as live at all times ...
Take care my friend.

Steve

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Nice shirt Kevin. We're you at Great Bend?

About the racing, I lean to bracket racing, and believe it levels the field.
I agree Dave. Heads up is ok for "class" racing for "stock" cars when you are classed by weight and horsepower. Bracket racing allows for individuality with what a person wants to do with their car.

Lonnie

benchseat4speed

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Good to see you are going to be well Kevin.
I'm also a sparkie here in NZ who did some time in the line gangs.
Induced energy can be some of the most dangerous as you are not looking out for it. treat everything as live at all times ...
Take care my friend.

Steve

Thanks for the message Steve, and I will:)

Nice shirt Kevin. We're you at Great Bend?

About the racing, I lean to bracket racing, and believe it levels the field.

Yes I was:) I can't argue with you there. How to make a level field for a heads up race, I dunno if it's even possible now:dunno

I agree Dave. Heads up is ok for "class" racing for "stock" cars when you are classed by weight and horsepower. Bracket racing allows for individuality with what a person wants to do with their car.

Lonnie

Thanks for the message Lonnie. I can't argue that, the whole heads up idea may not be possible...maybe a handicap? Or as you mentioned, maybe class cars somehow based on weight and (estimated) horsepower?? You'd really have to trust your fellow man though...

I think index would be better that way at least it would help with the ones that are not spot on on the dial in.

Kinda what I had in mind...

Thanks Brian!