Rear End Upgrade

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I've never measured the contact patch but I surely could with them on the car. They are a good size tire. They look meaty because I have them mounted on a 6" wide wheel too...I just like that look. I think they would look good on a 7" wide wheel also

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Great choice Rick! What wheels you going to mount them on? I have mine on a 14x6 but I think even a 14x7 for the rear might be a little better. Don't forget to get tubes for them!
I think they are 14x6 Jason... I don't think I have any 7" wheels...

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Unless they have changed, Wheel Vintiques will make them in just about whatever size and backspacing you need on a custom order basis for pretty much the same price....just in case you need something that's not listed.

I haven't talked to them in years, but they did not make a 15" x 9" wheel years back. I sure wish they would as a 10" will fit, but it's very tight. I think a 9" with 5" backspacing would be about perfect.

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I'm sure they will. Or call MH direct to find out which tube to run and then call Summit with the part number. Chances are they can get them for you. :read

Running tubes is key for cars that intend to spend a lot of time on the street…I check mine periodically but they never change. Works great. You'll have to play around with the air pressures with the slicks since slicks on a street car is a unique setup especially on a bigger car like ours. Took me awhile to figure out the "right" pressure for street driving. Maximum traction wasn't a huge concern for just driving the car around, in which case I air them up to 28-30lbs. Car rides great, doesn't "wiggle" like it does with say 22-24lbs in them and they just look right. Tires stand nice and tall. At that pressure, the car spins them, the tires recover and hook and the car jumps forward. At 22lbs, it hooks really hard on the street but sacrifices ride quality as it "wiggles" more in the rear. I'll be curious to see what pressure you end up with.

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
ogi7fo.jpg

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Jason, A friend is doing a 64 Biscayne and Cars does not show interior for that vehicle. Isn't your new interior Cars? His car is fawn with fawn interior.

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Yep, mine is Cars. Their printed catalog lists the fawn (oyster) interior. Call them direct to order, don't go through the website.