Transmission Alignment

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
The finger on the pressure look like the are past the release bearing. You need to start over if you were just replacing the the release bearing.
I don't see how that's possible unless smaller end of throw out bearing is on backwards. I could be wrong . Is it the correct bearing???

Last edited:
Reactions: 327

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
There is a right and wrong way to put the t/o brng on the fingers of the fork. Should not hinder trans going in, I think.?????

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Yes what ?? Ha... If three levers it does look like the levers are past t out bearing. Did they spread out when you pulled tranny. See if to bearing ( pull tranny) covers levers or not.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
What was the problem why you replaced to bearing ?? Noisy couldn't shift or what??

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I had a similar situation recently helping out a friend… turned out that the bearing retainer had a ridge wore on it from the throw out bearing.. make sure the bearing slides on the retainer nice and smooth and doesn’t bind up..
Rick

albjerryg

Well Known Member
I could shift it when I got underneath the car and pull the cover i could see the seating was dis lodged from the fork. So I pull the transmission and took the fork and bearing out and the clips on the fork were wore out. So I bought a new fork and bearing.

Lost in the 60's

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
The finger on the pressure look like the are past the release bearing. You need to start over if you were just replacing the the release bearing.
Yeah, something looks REALLY odd there. It does appear the bearing is going inside the pressure plate fingers ???

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
When you pull that tranny out could you show a picture of the pressure plate through the bell housing center hole?? Just curious .