1961 Chevrolet Parkwood "OLD GOLD" 108k original miles

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
I replaced my fuel sending unit out with a new one and the problem was still persistent. So, after a long discussion with Brian Thompson this past Friday, I ended up taking off the hardlined fuel delivery and reverted to a rubber hose with inline fuel filter. Suddenly, my fuel issues dissapeared! :doh

I have never seen a vapor lock happen like this before.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
:takethat Seth,this time of year,most gasoline is
"winter blended"'to vaporise at a lower temprature.BFD on a fuel injected engine,but Eddie carebs are sensitive to vapor boil any way.If you can set up a return system,adjusted to about 6 psi,you'll get rid of the problem OR you could just install a "cool can".Just add ice every 15 miles:roll You simply have to build the car for today's gasoline :bang:bang

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Seth where are you still in Daytona?

:? Was wondering if you are going to share any of the buss from Daytona.:roll

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
:takethat Seth,this time of year,most gasoline is
"winter blended"'to vaporise at a lower temprature.BFD on a fuel injected engine,but Eddie carebs are sensitive to vapor boil any way.If you can set up a return system,adjusted to about 6 psi,you'll get rid of the problem OR you could just install a "cool can".Just add ice every 15 miles:roll You simply have to build the car for today's gasoline :bang:bang

HAHA! :roll Never thought about the return system. :? Cool cans rock, I also heard you can place wooden clothes pins on the lines to dissapate the heat quicker. :roll

:? Was wondering if you are going to share any of the buss from Daytona.:roll

Never made it, weather was rainy down here on Friday, so I never left. I spent too much time cleaning my beauty. :roll

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
why didn't the metal line work? jim
Vapor lock was persistant after engine warm up. Went ahead and reverted back to rubber fuel line, Problem solved. Could not determine whether if it was the custom bent line that I made or the Edelbrock Banjo.

Mayne!!!!!!

Thompson is still sleeping in that avatar, he'll never wake up. :roll:roll:roll:roll

"OLD GOLD"
Shirts are being made and will be for sale soon.
I came up with the logo derived from the popular, cheap and nasty tasting classic Malt Liquor.
OLDG.jpg

Small Logo on the front and Larger logo on the back (no image of Old Gold). The other style shirt will feature same front logo on the left chest and b&w image of "Old Gold"on the back, written beneath the image "50 years, aged to perfection".
OLDGOLDDrawing.jpg

OLDGOLD1.jpg

Skim

Well Known Member
Seth just wondering if everythings ok, we havent heard from you in weeks, infact nobody has. give me a shout buddy.

Austin Bubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Anything?

I went to Houston last week to pick up some inner fenders. The guy opens the garage and there sits a very familiar looking 61 vert. The guy says he bought it from a guy in Florida. Sure enough it was Seth's. Beautiful car and still in great shape.

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
Anything?

I went to Houston last week to pick up some inner fenders. The guy opens the garage and there sits a very familiar looking 61 vert. The guy says he bought it from a guy in Florida. Sure enough it was Seth's. Beautiful car and still in great shape.

Great to hear. I miss my ragtop, but sometimes we can't keep them all. :barf