'61 Biscayne Stroked 348/440c.i. My First Restoration

R63ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
The saying goes that cooler heads prevail but it would take every bit of I reserve I have not to go ballistic of everyone involved with that shop(I would still probably loose it).It will be very interesting to see if the owner is a stand up guy who takes care of the problem or a POS who denies responsibility.That is ridiculous that they even drove it at all to test the seats.I hope it all works out for you.
Good luck

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Check around the shop area and nearby streets for fresh black marks on asphalt and check shops near those marks for witnesses. Take pics and get names of witnesses and show them pics of your car. If he burnt that much gas, he likely made a lot of noise and laid some rubber. Find out where he lives and check his neighbourhood.
Record any discussions you have at the shop or elsewhere on your phone. Take pics of any oil spots where the car was parked at the shop.
It will be your word against the shops, if they are dishonest , you need evidence.
Good luck. That is a sin and a crime.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
There's no way that a hyd.roller cam needs ANYTHING like 600 lbs.open.If the valves in your heads are the standard Edelbrock issue,they aren't good for that kind pressure. Those numbers are what you'd want for a radical mechanical roller.

sycsteve

Well Known Member
Found some more damage. Might have been there before Auto machine built the short block. Cylinders 7 and Have a guy who says he can sleeve it.

20190425_160123.jpg20190425_160116.jpg20190425_172610.jpg

Last edited:

sycsteve

Well Known Member
Found the cause of the failure. Auto machine ordered the springs and I never thought twice before I installed them. Wrong size for the valve stem.