63 SS Revisited.....Project Z

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Z-11 update photos from Carl today. Getting closer to the dyno..........Put a BB oil pump for oil delivery......modified windage tray to accept the pump oil pick-up. No decking on heads or block. This should be a great street driven motor!

Getting a little pumped to say the least...... Really like the work being done!!

IMG_3580.JPG IMG_3581.JPG IMG_3584.JPG IMG_3585.JPG IMG_3592.JPG IMG_3591.JPG

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Is that a hydraulic or mechanical roller cam/lifter in that engine?Specs.?
Don, .....hydraulic roller.. and to be honest......I don't have the specks yet. The cam is close to the original Z cam but toned down a bit to be more street friendly according to Carl, with a little nasty attitude for fun. He had Comp Cams grind it to his specs, I believe. And to be even more transparent, ..........I told McQuillin what I wanted to put this car on the street and asked him to build it as if it were his, within my limited finances. ...So far, I more than happy. He's estimating about 500 hp on pump gas. We will soon see.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
At 500 hp,with this top end and headers,I think I can guess the specs.pretty close.It won't have to be very big to make that.

Last edited:

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
:laugh:laugh2No way Phil, was gonna let that go, he always comments on people's shoe's.:doh:laughing

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Folks..............Brian obviously knows more than me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cause...........I haven't heard!!!!