Front and rear bumpers

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I just heard back from Sandys Bumpers. They explained that their street chrome finish is a finish that you would find on street driven cars. They claim that it is a nicer finish then factory with no grainy look to it (like factory). I would imagine they might also offer a show car finish, but I didn't ask, Carmine.

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The company is Sioux Plating in South Sioux City, Nebraska phone 402-494-2477. I misplaced the name guy (I think its Scott) who handles the rechroming, just ask for the guy who handles rechroming classic car bumpers . I may be off a little on price -it might have been $300 for each - the last ones I did where 62 California one piece bumpers, my bill is put away somewhere. They do not do potmetal like tailights or outside vent window frames..
I/we have some 62 Chevy bucket seat chrome that they are doing about to take bumpers to him and window frames(the ones that are chrome steel).
When you talk to him tell him that I told you to call. I have 62 Chevy 3 piece cores that I could give him to do for you a very very reasonable price for the cores.
I could check them for you when done.

I noted lots of comments in this post on the repro bumpers- so more detail from what I said before. The joints do not fit right, way to thin compared to solid originals, chrome not close to rechroming quality. They did not fit the car correctly by the fenders.
Paul

Good information. Also another reason to come and visit although still planning to go to the Omaha car show.

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Has any used Ogden Chrome? They were setup at the Loveland Car Show last Father's day and I'm tempted to use them. They claim "free" pick up and delivery, even though they are located in Ogden UT. They did state they make several trips out to CO each year. Even if not free, the pick up and delivery might be at least discounted if they already have plans to be in town. As long as they beat freight charges, they might be worth it.

bobs409

Administrator
Got a reply from Tri City:

Cost to rechrome your 63 Impala bumpers would be: $880 for the 6pc set, Grill Gd. (3pc) $285, Rear Gds. $80 each. Additional charges may apply for shipping and/or sales tax (if shipped to [or] picked up in TN or PA).

Yes, we will be at Carlisle.

Tri City Plating Co., Inc
218 E. Mill St.
Elizabethton, TN 37643

800-251-7536
423-542-1691

bobs409

Administrator
Bob, We've gotten a few bumpers from Tri-City Plating , Elizabethton, Tn. www.tricityplating.com He is always at Spring and Fall Carlisle, pick up there saves shipping. He will rechrome your bumpers or exchange yours for sets he already has done. Nice work and lifetime warranty. The last price we got for '63 bumpers was last year- $880.00 for both front and rear. That is to rechrome yours or exchange. $1020.00 without exchange. Nice thing is you can look them over before you buy.

I think I will be going with them unless I hear any objections. :D

I'm going to get some window frame (pot metal parts) done too. I don't think I'm gonna wait until Carlisle, might just ship the parts since it's only Tennessee. Once I get all my window parts together, I'll snap a pic and request a quote on them.

Is there ever an end? I just put in another order with Hubbards that ended up being $377 dollars! These Impala's seem to be a lot more expensive to do compared to a Chevelle or pickup truck. :p

I still have paint & supplies and 5 new tires to buy! She's gonna be beautiful though. :love

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I think I will be going with them unless I hear any objections. :D

I'm going to get some window frame (pot metal parts) done too. I don't think I'm gonna wait until Carlisle, might just ship the parts since it's only Tennessee. Once I get all my window parts together, I'll snap a pic and request a quote on them.

Is there ever an end? I just put in another order with Hubbards that ended up being $377 dollars! These Impala's seem to be a lot more expensive to do compared to a Chevelle or pickup truck. :p

I still have paint & supplies and 5 new tires to buy! She's gonna be beautiful though. :love

I received my quote which was $860.00 for the 3 piece front and 3 piece rear bumpers. I think they like me $20.00 more then you. I'm leaning towards going with these folks (tricity plating) also based on member recommendation. I am awaiting another quote from a company that was also recommended by a member. I have to make a decision within a day or so. Have to get them shipped asap. Need them back mid April. Hope that is going to be possible, Carmine.

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
The end will come Bob. Small orders here and there really add up fast. I think your right, much more expensive to restore an Impala.

bobs409

Administrator
I received my quote which was $860.00 for the 3 piece front and 3 piece rear bumpers. I think they like me $20.00 more then you. I'm leaning towards going with these folks (tricity plating) also based on member recommendation. I am awaiting another quote from a company that was also recommended by a member. I have to make a decision within a day or so. Have to get them shipped asap. Need them back mid April. Hope that is going to be possible, Carmine.

I like the fact that they call their chrome work, "show car" finish. Also that they offer a lifetime warranty for as long as you own the car.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Called tricity plating this afternoon and spoke with who I believe was one of the owners. Had a few additional questions for him which he answered to my satisfaction. Advised me how to ship them and how payment can be made. Going to box and ship them (just the front bumper for now) Thurs. With no unforeseen circumstances, he said they should be back in about 3 weeks and that suits me just fine. I'll report back when the bumper is returned, Carmine.